October 21, 2012

Kadi - The Incredible Alaskan Klee Kai!

I rescued this dog from near death on August 25th of this year. She is over 10 years old, her name is Kadi! She is an Alaskan Klee Kai. She is about 22 pounds now, still teenie tiny, and a beautiful little princess, but has since gained weight since I rescued her. When I first picked her up, she was no more than 15 pounds, her ribs were sticking out, her eyes all gunky, flea ridden, hair chewed off of her back legs, and she was very nervous and anxious. The reason she was brought to the shelter is a long story - but to shorten it up I will just say that she's had a life of bad luck and it's finally been put to rest. She's now in a lovely home where she is SO loved and I couldn't be happier.

I brought her to my Mom's house after rescuing her and they are the best of friends, perfect companions, and my mum spoils the pants off this little pup! They have drastically improved each other's lives. It's a match made in heaven! Kadi gets all the dog food, treats, love, toys, cuddly crocheted blankets, adorable little doggy coats, kisses, and walks that she could ever have imagined getting! It's a wonderful thing.

I am so proud of the transformation she had made! It just goes to show - there are no bad dogs - simply bad owners. Bad situations. All of these circumstances can be turned around with a little motivation, a little love, and a little mutual respect. It doesn't take much.

Here is Kadi on August 25th, 2012.



And here she is yesterday, October 20th, 2012 at my sister's house - babysitting the grandchildren with her new favorite person, her owner, her mama.

Chillin out with the family. Bright white, gaining weight, flea free, well fed and happy as can be! 


All I can say is, this girl truly is something else. She has changed my mother's life. She has helped her become more active, more mentally stable, more secure with herself. And my Mom has done the same for Kadi. She is assertive yet calm, happy, well fed, flea free and overall very well taken care of. A job well done...


No comments:

Post a Comment